Request for Old Model parts support

home Forums General Discussion Request for Old Model parts support

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      John V
      Participant

Hi Chris,

That’s correct I am the NY dealer.
        Thanks for the heads up, I’ll call SL about this issue and let Connie know.
        Best,
        John

John V
        Participant

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the multiple posts, please disregard the first two.
          I can’t delete/edit them.

Thanks,
          John

ChrisSoundLab
            Participant

Thanks very much John.
              I have passed info to my customer.
              May I assume that you might be John V as I find from the old Sound Lab dealer list located in NY (without spelling out your name just in case that should be private)
              Roger has had his web fellow update recently and it seems that putting my cursor over your email does not activate a choice to send you email (all the other emails work) – you might want to check (there were several errors in the recent revision unfortunately)
              Cheers,
              Chris

John V
            Participant

Hi Chris,

I’m trying to read the value of the capacitor but it’s a bit blurry.
              I think the value is .01 Mfd @ 16KV.
              I’ve attached a schematic of the B1 I received from Roger a few years ago. It only shows bias voltage as being 15KV but does not give the actual schematic of the bias supply itself. Hope this helps.
              Link to a supplier:
              https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/High-Voltage-Capacitor-16kV-0-01uF_1600968225938.html

John
              New York Sound Lab dealer

Attachments:
              You must be logged in to view attached files.
              John V
              Participant

Hi Chris,

I can’t really tell if it’s .01 or 6 Ufd and 16kv or 6KV. Can your customer supply a better picture give us the value directly?
                I found a 6Ufd @ 6Kv on AlieExpress but I’m not convinced that it’s correct

John

John V
                Participant

Hi Chris,

The best I can make out is .01 Ufd @ 6KV. Is that correct>

John

ChrisSoundLab
                  Participant

Dear All,
                    I have a SL owner in Japan who amazingly got hold of the vintage panels you see in the attached photo from the first owner (also in Japan) and has had them in mostly storage for several years (A1s and flat panel B1s). He wants to re-vitalize them and he electronically ‘savy’ and has asked me to source the following part which he needs and which he cannot source in Japan. I only have the photo from him. This is out of my league and Roger is too busy just now to support. He needs two. Can anybody point us in the right direction, or?

Attachments:
                    You must be logged in to view attached files.
                Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.