Amplifiers for my Sound Lab M745s

home Forums General Discussion Amplifiers for my Sound Lab M745s

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      jeffreybehr
      Participant

The improved MA-1s lost to the ‘260s, but just yesterday I received and got running a pair of 200-Watts-into-8 Berning Quadrature Zs.. They sound VERY nice, but only extended listening will tell.

More later.

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
        jeffreybehr
        Participant

Since receiving the Pass X260.8s weeks ago, the SLs and ‘260s are well broken in.. The system sounded excellent to me, but I have a couple-other amps–PS Audio’s hybrid M1200s and Atma-Sphere MA-1/3.1-Improveds*.. I’ve had the ‘1200s in the system for a week, and last nite a golden-eared friend and I listened to them with some of his favorite music.. We were rather pleased with the sounds, especially after reconnecting the ‘260s, which were simply more resolving and musically pleasing.

Will be reconnecting the Atma-Spheres this aft to see how they sound.

FWIW, I have for sale…
          https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/650118459-ayre-acoustics-vx-r-mono-power-amp-pair/
          …a pair of Ayre MR-X monoamps that sounded mighty good with the SLs.. Only $6K, too. 😀

* I’ve improved these with newer, higher-quality main (output-stage) powersupply caps with 2uFs each of Teflon-film bypass caps, PS-bypass caps on the frontend (gain) tubes, and MIFLEX copperfoil/paper/oil coupling caps, and CARDAS rhodium bindingposts.

Attachments:
          You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.