Sound Lab at T.H.E. Show Newport 2013 September 23, 2017, 11:07am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Archived Sound Lab Owners Forum - Please go to http://www.soundlabowners.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Sound Lab at T.H.E. Show Newport 2013

Sound Lab at T.H.E. Show Newport 2013 Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
George Henschke
May 26, 2013, 2:43pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
Hi Folks,

I just wanted everyone to know Sound Lab will be represented at T.H.E. Show Newport 2013.  I (owner of Blue Skies Audio, a Sound Lab dealer in San Diego, CA) have partnered with Sound Lab and Silver Audio (cables and cords) for a demo room at the show.  We will be in The Atrium Hotel Room 303.  The demo system will consist of a pair of Sound Lab A-1PX speakers with the new Toroid II driven by MSB Technology M203 monoblocks.  Source will be MSB Platinum DAC IV with Femto 140 clock, built-in volume controls and USB2 384kHz input.  The DAC will be fed by MSB's Universal Media Transport (UMT) as well as via USB from a laptop.  Cabling/cords will be all Silver Audio: Appassionata XLR ICs, Silver Symphony MKIV speaker cables, Wattmaster amp cords and Power Burst cords for speaker bias supply and MSB power supply.

Roger West and Connie Frey from Sound Lab will be at the show Friday and Saturday and Max Kreifeldt of Silver Audio will be there Saturday.  It should be a great show.  I hope some of you will be able to join us.

Cheers,
George
TWB
June 3, 2013, 4:47pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
Photos and comments are appearing on other sites about various rooms at T.H.E. Show, but so far I have seen nothing about the Sound Lab room. Can anyone here comment? Photos?
E-mail Reply: 1 - 5
tailspn
June 4, 2013, 12:44pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
If your interest is in the recreation of an acoustic event, then this was the best sound at the show. I hope it gets the press recognition it deserves.
E-mail Reply: 2 - 5
George Henschke
June 4, 2013, 1:39pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
TWB, here's a link to a Friday photo of the Sound Lab/MSB/Silver Audio room at enjoythemusic.com:

http://enjoythemusic.com/the_show_newport_2013/friday/page2.htm

Unfortunately the MSB M203 monoblocks were behind the speakers the first 2 days because I didn't realize there was an outlet in the left corner behind the heavy curtain.  The look was more elegant and balanced on Sunday.

I also had a SALLIE behind each speaker which may have been a tad too much damping for that room.  A bit more width in the room would have been preferable (it was 11'9" wide) but the depth of the room made for a very nice deep soundstage.  All in all I was very pleased with the sound and so were most of our guests.

Brian Walsh stopped by on Saturday and it was nice to see him.  Roger and Connie of Sound Lab shared in hosting the room all day Friday and until 2:00pm on Saturday.

George
E-mail Reply: 3 - 5
George Henschke
June 4, 2013, 1:44pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
tailspn,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the room.  It's extremely gratifying to hear you were so impressed by the room's reproduction of acoustic tracks.

Thanks for coming to our room at the show!

George
E-mail Reply: 4 - 5
George Henschke
June 4, 2013, 9:40pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
Here's a link to some of Dagogo's coverage of the show.  The photo of our room (~2/3 of the way down) is from Sunday 06/02/2013 when we had the MSB M203 monoblocks out where they should be.

http://dagogo.com/t-h-e-show-newport-2013-day-3-part-2

George
E-mail Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread